4) Relax during the day. Don’t work through lunch. You need this break. Be sure to build some time into your busy schedule to unwind at the end of each day. A half hour of reading, soaking in a bubble bath or meditating can do wonders for your outlook on life.
5) Confide in a friend. Hearing yourself tell a friend about a problem can give you a new perspective on the problem. And, it is more fun than trying to figure it out alone. Remember, in the final analysis, you are responsible for the resolution of the problem.
6) Take time off. Use a vacation day (or some of the “comp” time you may have saved up) as a mental health day. Do what you want for the day — not what you feel you should do. In other words, do not use the day to run errands or clean your house. Instead, you can sleep late, watch a movie, take a long walk or go for a bike ride. Use your vacation time. Strive not to have any left at the end of the year.
7) Maintain a regular exercise program. We all know that some of the benefits of exercise include increased energy and an uplifted mood.
8) Build relationships. There is more to life than work. Invest time in building relationships with your family and friends, or try volunteering. When we feel our lives and the lives of other people changing, we are on our way to building quality relationships.
9) Have some fun every day. Fun adds to happiness. Take a few minutes to “play” each day. You can make a paper airplane, throw a ball around or make up your own games. Be creative.
10) Seek professional help. If you think you are experiencing lasting depression, consult your physician, employee assistance program or community services.
Remember the words written in the Declaration of Independence in 1776, “All experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.”
Generic medications have the similar active ingredients as the original remedy. Users may buy medicines online now and be sure of quality prescription drugs online at some of the lowest costs on the Internet.